About University of Huddersfield
Voted amongst the top 40 safest universities in England (Complete University Guide)
- A historic Yorkshire market town
- Vibrant and cosmopolitan with a thriving student population
- Safe, vibrant and multi-cultural
- A diverse mix of old and new from award-winning Victorian architecture to eye-catching modern buildings.
Ranking of Huddersfield
- Joint 1st in England for Teaching (HESA 2020) Joint highest proportion of professionally qualified teaching staff and all permanent teaching staff* have, or are completing, doctorates.
- Ranked UK Top 50 (43rd Guardian University Guide 2020) The University is going from strength to strength.
- UK Top 15 for paid work placements (Higher Education Statistics Agency, 2016/17) Most undergraduate courses offer work placements.
- UK Top 30 health degrees are now accessible via the ISC (Times/Sunday Times 2018)
Where University of Huddersfield
- One of the happiest places to live in the UK ☺ (According to a national home buying website and reported by Channel 4)
- In the centre of the UK
- In the county of Yorkshire
- Surrounded by the outstanding natural beauty of the Pennine Moors and Peak District parkland.
- Great value…cost of living almost half what you pay in London
- (43% less than London, Numbeo June 2018)
- Direct access to the World via Manchester International Airport
- 20 mins to Leeds
- 30 mins to Manchester
- 2.5 hrs from London
Why University of Huddersfield?
- Excellent Teaching & Support
- Great Value Experience
- Employability & Placements
- Over 55 student nationalities
- 1,000 Graduates
- 88% progression over 10 years
- Huddersfield has…
Entertainment and Culture
Shops • Cafés • Restaurants • Sculpture Park • Huddersfield Town Football Club
Learn in historical canalside warehouses converted into Engineering facilities • Links with local Cummings Hydraulics PlantBreathtaking scenery
Yorkshire Dales • Peak District
What Huddersfield students gain
- Support and guidance to speak, read and write using academic English
- Knowledge to research, write and present academic information
- Confidence to become independent and successful
- Experience of living and learning on the University campus
- New friends, from all around the world
Work placements: Degrees offer weeks of first hand experience practising in hospitals, NHS trusts, or sports facilities.
Health & Human Sciences: New pathway offering routes into health-related degrees .
Career opportunities in: healthcare, medicine & sports science and nutrition.Specialist facilities: biomechanics laboratory, formulation lab, physiology labs and physiotherapy practical rooms.
View all university lists we work with
Fees and living costs
Huddersfield is also an affordable place to live, with living costs relatively lower than other parts of the UK and therefore making your University experience excellent value for money.
- International Foundation Year costs £12,500
- International Year One programme costs £12,900
- Pre-Master’s programme costs £7,600
- English Language Preparation starts from £2,500
- Huge selection of accommodation very close to the campus and to meet all budgets.
- Book accommodation at the point of application to the ISC.
- You can also arrange your own accommodation through local estate agents.
- Accommodation in the north of the UK is significantly cheaper than the south!
- Visit huddersfieldisc.com/international-study-centre/accommodation
- Watch our Instagram Stories for a full tour of two accommodation options:
- IQ Castings and Aspley House